Monday, July 20, 2009

The adventures of Baby Bird

Lately Lizzie has been referring to herself as Baby Bird. It is rather funny because sometimes I swear she thinks she is a bird, whenever I call her big girl, or big sister which she usually likes she will adamantly tell me "no, I am Baby Bird". Anyway, we haven't had a post for a while because last week Baby Bird was sick with a runny nose and just felt crappy, so we spent most of the week at home for a little r&r. We did do a few things before and after and I did manage to snap a few pics here and there.

I don't know who likes the Bumbo more, Lizzie or Charlie either way it's a neat toy.

Working on her blue steel look, Magnum is still in the works

Ben is taking over Alex's spot as Lizzie's favorite, I really have to tell her to leave him a lone sometimes just to give him a break. But she did manage to get him to come over two days in a row so even though he won't admit it he really likes her too.


Having a picnic on the grass with Grammy, yummy watermelon!

Every week we try to go swimming at Aunt Erin's house. We have so much fun playing with the cousins. Cousin Laura, Isaac and Lydia swimming in the pool.

Lounging on the floatie with Grammy this was Lizzie being brave she actually got out of the baby floatie, it didn't last long though.

This is how she spent most of the time in the pool kicking around in the baby floatie, but hey it was a big improvment from last time she at least she was in the water.

Last Friday we went to the Aviary with Dad because he had the day off, it was so much fun to see the babies. Last time we went this baby was in the egg it was fun to see it growing.

A few weeks ago Lizzie got a new princess potty with pictures of crowns on it, she started asking where her crown was, so her dad made her a green princess crown. She wears it everytime she sits on the potty, she can't go potty without it now.

Lizzie's most recent score has been her new playhouse, we found it on craigslist. On the box it said it would take 2 moderatly skilled people 6 to 8 hours to put together. My dad, Brian, and Ben were determined to prove them wrong. It took them combined about 3 1/2 hours to complete, not bad I think. Finished product pictures to come later, I keep meaning to take one but it just hasen't happened yet.

3 comments:

C and C Young said...

It looks like you guys really did need some r&r! What a fun summer. I can't believe how big Charlie is getting. I agree, the Bumbo is the best invention ever. M still sits in his!

Jenny said...

What a cute baby bird you have, not to mention baby charlie :) I can't wait to see the fun play house! I love the princess potty crown.

Megan said...

You guys have been doing all sorts of stuff this summer. If Lizzie loves dinasours, you should come down to Thanksgiving Point and go to the museum - it is awesome - Anna LOVES it! I wish Evan liked the Bumbo - he still is not a fan. Maybe because it was his sisters and it is purple? ;)