Friday, January 27, 2012

You May Need a Tissue

Today I held my friend and kissed her and told her what a good and faithful friend she had been to me. Often times I took her for granted and sometimes I cussed her for her mistakes, but she always was the first to forgive and she always listened to me. She put up with a lot, and took it in stride. Everyone who has met her holds her somewhere in their hearts. I held her as she drifted off to sleep today, and kissed her one last time, never to be forgotten!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own slideshow

8 comments:

Hurricane Hansens said...

oh I'm so sorry. I'm sitting here crying as I look at those sweet pictures. My boys are sad too. What a wonderful dog, more than just a pet. Can't wait to give you a hug.

kim said...

SO sorry for your families loss, one of the hardest things I've ever had to was say good by of my dog of 18 years.

katie thompson said...

river will be remembered always.

"...Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferosity,
and all the virtues of Man without his Vices..." -lord byron, epitaph to a dog

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

River is the reason that I want a family dog.
I also love boxers because of her. I'm so sorry.

Melissa Rees said...

hated when my pets died!! Such bittersweet memories!

Megan and Spanky said...

I am so sorry Niki. River was amazing and I keep telling Adam how well mannered she was. I am so sorry for you and your family.

Danae Snow said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. River had such a special place in everyone's heart, but I know especially in yours. We will miss her dearly, and are sending our prayers your way. (hugs)

Megan said...

It is always so hard to lose a pet. They are great. I am sorry for your loss!