Sunday, October 26, 2008

A fun filled day!

Yesterday was a good day all around. It started out with Brian getting an email to come pass out fliers for our ward. Here in AZ we have a proposition that the church is urging us to get the word out about. It has to do with marriage between a man and a woman. It is really a great thing and it felt really good to go help our ward spread the news. On Brian's way to pick up the fliers he noticed a toddler bed for sale in a yard sale. We have been looking for one for a while now. He was able to get it for 20 dollars plus the mattress we were way excited. So our little girl is officially a big girl she is potty trained and now she sleeps in a big girl bed (if any one has any suggestions as to how to keep her in bed I am looking for advice, today she fell asleep on the floor). It was also produce week and we got some good stuff. Later that night we had our ward trunk-or-treat and we convinced Lizzie to wear her costume and with only a mild meltdown she realized that it was fun to dress up. She wore it the whole time and she loved trick-or-treating she is now an official candy addict along with the rest of the world. We then had another party at our friends Brett and Rachel's and we carved pumpkins and had a lot of fun. Lizzie was honestly the highlight of the party because none of our friends there had kids, on the way home it was 10 at night (way past her bed time we are horrible parents) Lizzie asked if we could go to another party. Along with candy she loves parties also, as long as she is the center of the fun. She also made a great friend we didn't get a pic I was sad but Brett and Rachel's new dog Tucker is her new best friend (I think he liked the chocolate on her hands) but he followed her around half the night it was really cute. Thanks guys we had a lot of fun!



Lizzie in her new big girl bed!

Just getting to the trunk-or-treat

Loving the pumpkins and her costume yeah!

Helping to clean out her first pumpkin, she wouldn't touch the guts no matter how hard I tried.


Some good friends Kevin and Kalie, and Jeff and Hilary


Cute pumpkins you can't see ours it is the first one but it's ok it wasn't the best one.
We didn't take as many pics as I would have liked so for more on our fun night with friends check out Rachel's page.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Holy Crap! So when I was looking at the pictures you posted I thought you had the teeniest of a bump right where a baby would be in the pic of Lizzie carving a pumpkin. I thought you must be prego because you are the teeniest tiniest girl in the world! It is so cute! Then I saw the ticker - I was right! Congrats! Also congrats on the big girl bed move. I have no tips yet as I have still to make the switch, though we are getting closer. So let me know any tips you find out and what works for you! ;) Looks like you guys are having fun! Congrats again! We need to all get together when you come up again for sure!

hilary said...

that was alot of fun and so good to see you guys since it is rarely! lizzie was soo stinking cute with tucker! i could seriously listen to her talk all night, i just love her little voice! her costume was adorable and how great that you found that bed for such a great price. good luck keeping her in it! looks like you guys had a fun day, and that is cool you got to help out with the proposition on marriage, too!

hilary said...

holy schnikes! i had no idea you guys were expecting baby #2! i'm a retard... but you look great, obviously!! and congrats!

Brett and Rachel said...

OMG! You're pregnant! Hooray! What's up with the subtle little announcement in the corner of the blog, though? When did that suddenly appear? Regardless, I am so excited for you! Congrats!

P.S. That costume was one of the cutest things I have ever seen! And let me know if you guys end up doing anything for Halloween. I might just have to crash that party!

Criscell said...

CONGRATS on baby #2!! I was like, it sure looks like she has a baby bump, but then again, I don't remember reading anything about that...
That's awesome! How are you feeling? Good job getting a bed. I still need to do that and I'm down to 8 weeks--yikes!

Jenny said...

Haha- I love the subtle way that you announce that you're pregnant to the world! If I hadn't known already, you'd be in trouble!
Looks like you guys had a fun night, which is good cause we missed you here at our get-together. Lizzie is so cute, that's great she still fits in her costume! I love her big girl bed too- she's getting so big :)
Can't wait to see you in a month!

Natasha said...

So much fun. I love Lizzie's costume. She looks adorable. Congrats on baby number two I did not notice your ticker on the side. :)