Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Peaches!


Help I am attempting to can some peaches all by myself! I have a whole box of peaches and I was planning on making jam out of half the box and I have done that plenty of times but I have never canned peaches. I read up on it and it sounds pretty easy but I don't have a canner. If anyone has one or knows anyone who does please let me know I think you can seal them with just boiling water but I don't know for sure. If anyone has any tips I am all ears thanks!

4 comments:

The Frosts said...

I canned mine at Dana Erickson's last year (in the ward) she probably has some GREAT tips for you!

Jenny said...

I don't personally know how to, but I'm checking with my mom. We had a peach tree and she canned them every year. You'll love it! It's great because anytime you feel like a peach pie- tada! Peaches! As if you went to the store when they were in season- gotta love that stuff :)
ps- I have a to-die-for peach pie recipe of my mom's too....it's top secret, but I can probably sneak it to you. I've made like 5 this past month!

Brett and Rachel said...

Yeah, you can do it at home by boiling the jars. It works well and it's pretty easy. Here's a good link that gives you step-by-step instructions. http://www.pickyourown.org/peachescanning.htm
Or just google how to can peaches at home and you'll come up with lots of help!

Anonymous said...

Possibly the most amazing blog that I read all year! cap sleeve wedding dresses christian louboutin fur boots. Simple Wedding Dresses