Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Am I really that old?

I have been having a little crisis lately because, and I know that it is just because I am pregnant (yes I blame most things on being prego). But, a few weeks ago was my birthday and I realized that I am now closer to 30 than 20 that is really scary. What really gets me is the closer I get to having a second child the more I can't believe that I am old enough to be a mother of two. When you have one there is something about it that even though you are a mom it still isn't that big of a deal. But once you have two, you become a mother and things just seem different. Don't get me wrong I am way excited about all of this but yes I am a little freaked out about it.
Yesterday, our double stroller arrived and I had to step back and say yes I will be pushing this huge thing around and both seats will be occupied. It really just made all of this more of a reality, I now own a double stroller. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but really I don't think I am old enough to have two kids, but apparently I am!

Lizzie loved taking it out on a maiden voyage, she had to test out both seats and even blue baby got a chance.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Okay so I am having the same freak out. Not the being closer to 30 thing but the 2 kids thing. I agree - when you have one kid it still is just like she only has one kid, but something about having 2...well, frankly, it scares the crap out of me. LOL. I have yet to even look at double strollers...maybe I ought to.

Jenny said...

Okay, I'm totally with you on this one!! Lately everyone is asking me when I'm having another child (they know Addie just turned 1 right??) and my brain goes into mush---ANOTHER?! I'm hoping in another year I get baby hungry and want another one-- but you and Megan both don't give me much hope that I won't be scared outa my mind LOL!
Oh, and the whole 26 thing? Yeah welcome to the other side my friend. That's what Jed said to me on my birthday niiice.... sigh...
We're still young at heart that is all that matters right right?

Hey and at least you're still a hottie momma!!

Frost Family said...

I've felt old ever since I considered 26 as my "late twenties"...I wish I would've waited till 28 to think that...darn it. I'm a little worried what 30 will do to my psyche...good luck, girl!!

katie thompson said...

Well i obviously dont know how that feels but i have to say that i wish i was older (yes i know in a few years i will be saying why did i wish that?) but if i were older it would mean that i could be having a little one.
Also our friends just found out that they are having triplets so that should give you a little relief.