Sunday, May 3, 2009

Good Times!

(Warning this is a long post)
I know it has been a little while since my last post but life is a little more hectic with two it takes a little adjustment, I give props to those moms with more than two. Still we have been enjoying life day by day. Grammy and Pappa came down this week and played, it was a big help I am not looking forward to Monday when I have to do it all by myself. We went to the park and the Zoo and just hung out I didn't take enough pictures but you get the idea. Lizzie is adjusting pretty well for a two year old, it is hard to learn to share your mom. Charlie is a good baby, she eats well and sleeps really well for only being a week old. She loves to cuddle, which is nice after having Lizzie who doesn't and never really did like it. Although it translates to wanting to be held all of the time, which makes things a little more difficult.
I know that I was vague on the last post about Charlie I was a little tired and I just wanted to get that post up, so here is the scoop for those of you who were wondering. Wednesday night the 22 I started to get a couple of contractions, I had just been to the doctor that day and I was only dialated to a 3. With Lizzie I had contractions for a couple of days before I actually delivered and even then I labored in the hospital for over 12 hours so I really wasn't planning on the baby coming any time soon. I went to sleep and woke up around 1 and I was having contractions about 6 mins apart but they weren't that strong so I just kind of put it off. But by 4 I decided that they weren't slowing down and Brian finally convinced me to call a friend and go in (thanks Juliann). We got to the hospital about quarter to five and by the time they checked me in and did all the things they needed to they finally checked me and I was dilated to a full 9. I was rushed up to the delivery room, litterally Brian said it was like in the movies they were running down the hall pushing me on a bed. We got there and basically I had her after one push at 5:55 it was crazy, and fast and really if I could garentee that all my deliveries would be that easy and fast I would do it the same every time. The doctor and nurses were great and really I feel good compared to my first delivery. I recovered a lot faster and didn't have near the pain, so that is my story of how little Charlie got here. Kind of funny side note neither one of my kids were delivered by my own doctor, go figure maybe it will be a trend for me.
This post is turning into a marathon post but bear with me I have one more thing then I will put pictures up. It is official we are moving back to UT for Brian's fourth year, I know that most of you already know this but I just wanted to say that we would like to find some renters for this house for our land lord. We are moving out the 13th of June and it is a decent place to live, it's in the Belair Ward and there are lots of students here. The rent is reasonable it's cheaper than an apartment and it is a 3 bedroom with a back yard. The land lord is way chill and easy to work with, if anyone is interested or knows anyone who might be please let us know it will be vacant as of June.
Here are some pictures in no particular order enjoy . . .


I had to take this picture to try to remember how long her hair was, I have this fear that it is going to fall out because Lizzie's did so I wanted to get proof that she had beautiful hair.


This is how she spent her first trip to the Zoo the only time she woke up was when I fed her then she went right back to sleep.

Lizzie wanted to hold her, she has these moments of love for her little sister then she remembers how boring she really is and she's done.

She can get Pappa to do anything for her, basically she has that effect on all of us.

Hanging out at the Zoo with Grammy and Pappa enjoying the giraffs what more could two girls want out of life?

Two out of three of my favorite people, Lizzie laughing with her dad, I loved this picture.

12 comments:

Megan said...

I loved reading your story - I am glad that you were able to get there in time and everything went well. I didn't know about Utah either - that is so awesome!

Oh and I left your blog up after reading it to go make lunch and Ross saw it and thinks Brain looks familiar - did he go to Weber State at all?

Melissa Rees said...

Oh she's so cute!! Deacon is also NOT a snuggler! Hope my next one is!

Niki said...

Megan- Yes Brian graduated from good old Weber State back in 05 I believe it was. We indirectly met there through a mutual friend.

Brenbren said...

Hey get me your land lords info because we know some people who are looking to rent.

katie thompson said...

So cute. You and Brian need to have a lot of kids because they are so adorable. I miss you guys and im really excited that you are moving back! Keep posting until then.

Hurricane Hansens said...

I love the pictures. Please post them daily so we can all see her grow :) I love snuggly babies and Ben is a good mix of snuggle and leave me alone.

Jenny said...

I love all Charlie's long hair...so cute. I can't believe that you were already out to the zoo less than a week after popping out a baby! Wow....I couldn't do much of anything other than getting in and out of bed for a couple weeks (darn c-sections...)
I'm glad that you're feeling well and that both your sweet girls are happy and healthy.
That last picture of Lizzie and Brian is so darling!

kim said...

Beautiful pics, I am so happy for you and your family. We are heading to UT for 6 weeks in June and then as of right now (unless Brent gets a job somewhere before then) we are moving to UT the end of Aug. What part of UT are you guys moving too?

Brett and Rachel said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys are moving back to UT! I keep thinking that we'll all be here forever, but I guess the end is rapidly approaching. It's amazing how fast it's gone!

AlexaHall said...

Old man baby.
Alien baby.
Squishy baby.
Thanks for leaving where the baby comes out out of the blog.

The Higgins Family said...

Charlie's so beautiful!! Congrats a hundred million times!!! :)

Natasha said...

Wow what a delivery! I bet you are digging that way more then 12 hours of labor, although I am sure the contraction hurt any less. You have such a beautiful family and I admire you and being a mom of two. I can't imagine how to adjust to that. One is hard as it is. I miss having your parents in my parents ward. Your family is just so great! Hope everything goes well adjusting and you are gettin some sleep.