Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ogden Half Marathon

For those of you who don't know, for the past few months I have been training for my first Half Marathon. Now this is a big deal for me because I was not a runner at all, until about a year ago. I do have to say not all of it was fun, but I am now addicted! I was able to run this beautiful race with my mother and my sister-in-law Katie (btw thanks Katie I stole the pictures from her blog). We had so much fun, the weather couldn't have been better and this honestly was the most beautiful race ever. We took it slow and just enjoyed it, I can't wait to do it again next year and we are planning on adding a few more to our pack (hint, hint, Mary, Danae, Lori). I do want to give a shout out to my other sister-in-law Emily who actually ran her first full marathon in this same race, you are my hero!


7 comments:

Hurricane Hansens said...

Next year I shall not be pregnant and shall run with you!!

Jenny said...

awesome job friend! so proud. it makes me sad that my back and knees aren't a fan of running, i could totally get addicted too.

katie thompson said...

best race ever!! i absolutely loved that day. it was amazing.

Melissa Rees said...

That's awesome!! I ran a half marathon too (the SLC) and it rocked!!

Megan said...

Way to go! Also, I am glad that you are back to blogging. Now if you could just help me get back too, it would be greatly appreciated ;)

Brett and Rachel said...

I am SO SO impressed!! Nice job!

Jenni said...

way to go niki!! totaly impressed! ps: your girls are such charmers! Im glad you guys were able to come over. sorry my house wasnt exactly settled yet. we would love to play again soon!