Wednesday, January 14, 2009

When it Rains it Pours!

WARNING: A little bit of a whiny post

I know that my life could be a lot worse, but sometimes it feels like life just gets complicated all at once. It definitely is time that we have a couple road bumps in our life, because it has been good for so long. I also think that when you are pregnant things seem to be a bigger deal than they really are (blame it on the hormones), and add a husband who is tired and stressed and it's a little stressful. Anyway I have decided that dogs are expensive especially ours. Last week I noticed that River had a small bump just below her eye it didn't seem to bother her so I have been keeping a eye on it and well. Monday it blew up to the size of a ping pong ball, by Tuesday it was red and getting bigger. So I broke down and took her to the vet (I just want to say I really don't like our vet here and I try to avoid it if we can), needless to say 320 dollars later we left with some antibiotics and still no idea what is wrong with her. This morning her eye was almost swollen shut and it looked like it was spreading. On top of that Brian comes home and decides that his windshield in his car needs to be replaced because it has numerous large cracks in it. Add another 150 dollars on top of what we don't have. I am just looking forward to a tax return, just to pay off our credit cards. Sorry to whine I just needed to get that off my chest.
On a lighter note we got a humming bird feeder the other day and we have been having a lot of fun watching all the humming birds everyday, I love AZ in January.




6 comments:

katie thompson said...

Oh my goodness! That is so so sad! Rivers eye is like the hunchback. I feel so bad. Hummingbirds make everything better though.

Jenny said...

When you're pregnant, you get away with whining, so whine away! :)
Sorry about River, I hope that it gets better...poor dog. The hummingbirds are cute though!

Brett and Rachel said...

Poor River! That makes me so sad. But on a bright note, the pics of the hummingbirds are awesome! I'm amazed you could get that good of shots.

C and C Young said...

Paying vet bills is the worst! We need to get Fitchy's baby teeth out (the vet neglected to do so when he was supposed to) and it will cost over $1,000! It seems like life is SO expensive.

Megan said...

It's so true. Things like that always seem to hit you at once. You have every right to complain! I hope they are able to figure out what is wrong with River...quickly and cheaply..if that is even a word. haha.

Natasha said...

Oh my goodness your poor dog! Our boxer has allergies up the wazzo so I have had more then once had a swollen faced dog. That is scary though. Hope River is doing better. :( And I hear ya about the whole when it rain it pours deal. I got the same problem.