Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's good to be home, right?

Yesterday we made the long trek home and it was by far the longest trip to date. It took us about 12 hours and 45 mins give or take some. We made a total of 11 stops and most of them consisted of Lizzie crying for a potty then doing nothing it was lots of fun. I have a feeling that this won't be our longest trip after we add another child to the mix our trips just might get longer. It is kind of a bitter sweet feeling to be home. On one hand it is nice to finally unpack and try to get organized again. On the other hand spending six long weeks with family is really nice and really hard to leave. I think this time was one of the hardest to come home because we are not really sure when we will be back. The other times we could always say when we were coming back, but right now we are at the point in our lives where the future is not planned, it is kind of freaking me out. Now that I have said that, I need to say how much fun we had with our families. We are so lucky to have so much love and support. Thanks to everyone we were truly blessed this holiday season and we have never felt so loved! We Love You All!



Christmas morning at Grammy and Pappa's, she scored pretty big!



Sleeping after a hard day of playing, I don't think she has ever fallen asleep in the middle of playing before this.


Playing in the snow with cousins!



This little girl loves snow!


For Christmas my parents gave Lizzie a little table and chairs they are really cute. But to add to that my dad painted them purple, Lizzie's favorite color. Also my very talented sister hand painted these pics on the table (yes they are painted free hand). Lizzie loves them!

The finished product.

We had a wonderful time with some more cousins, I am so glad that they got to come and play.
It really is fun having so many little girls to hang out with.

I know that Alex is going to kill me but I can blame Lizzie for this one. Lizzie is a little lets say obsessed with my sister Alex, she loves her so much that literally every day she asks us where Alex is. I just wanted to say thanks to Alex for letting her number one fan hang out with her, even if she would rather be sleeping some times!


6 comments:

Megan said...

That is one long trek home! We did it once and I will never make the drive again. I am glad you made it though...and alive. LOL. I bet it is nice to be home. It was so good to see you and meet Lizzie the other day. Hopefully we will get a chance to do it again in the future!

Brett and Rachel said...

Glad you guys had a good Christmas and glad you made it home okay. That is a long drive, esp. in the snow! We need to get together soon before the boys get busy with rotations again. It seems like it's been forever!

Jenny said...

fOh, I suppose it's good to be home. Not really for us though- what do you mean you don't know when you'll be back? :( Not cool with me...
We loved seeing you a couple of times and your pictures are so cute. Lizzie is such a doll- and that table is so cute! Props to Alex :)
Lizzie sleeping in the middle of playing cracks me up- holidays wear these little ones out though.
Miss you already! xoxo

hilary said...

we had a record time drive of 12 & 1/2 hours on saturday as well! and we don't have kids! it was a long day! and i agree it is bitter sweet to be home. it's nice to have your own things again and have a little structure, but it's hard to leave family. looks like you guys had a good Christmas, Lizzie is so cute! and i agree with rachel, we need to get together soon. :)

Melissa Rees said...

I HATED that drive! Every year it got longer. Then you add a couple of horrific snowstorms, and ta da! You're miserable! Glad you got here and there safely!

katie thompson said...

a stop every hour sounds just like me. although i do always have to go.