Saturday, August 16, 2008

Yeah for fresh food!

I love fresh produce! There is a lady in our neighborhood who loves to find good deals on food, she is the queen of coupons and such. Twice a month she has this thing where we bring her 15 dollars and a laundry basket and she brings it back to us a couple of days later full of fresh produce. It is awesome I have so much that I am afraid that it will go bad before I use it all. If anyone has any ideas what to do with cabbage I am up for any ideas. Other than that I am going to be in heaven this week. Lizzie too she loves grapes I have to regulate how many she eats so she doesn't get a stomach ache.

5 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

Nice new blog layout! Yes, this blogging thing is like crack! About the scorpion-YUCK! We found two the whole time we lived there. One was already dead, the other one was alive but Terry thought it was a hairball and almost picked it up! Definetely don't miss those things.

Jenny said...

That's so awesome! I want that hook up for sure! We're stuck buying crappy stuff for way too much money at Valley Market...well actually I try to reject that place in general. But still, fresh produce rules above all grocery store stuff. Love the cute blog! Glad you're back w/your camera! :)

Megan said...

Mmmm. That is why I love summer - fresh produce. And peaches are here! Hooray! I love the picture too.

I use cabbage when I make Oriental Chicken Salad (the kind with ramen noodles and such - have you had it before?) and when I make Thai Chicken Potsickers or Calzones. I actually made them last week (the Thai dish) and might be posting about it with the recipe - I don't know if you like that kind of stuff or not. If you find any other things to do with it you should let me know. I am always looking for new recipes.

C and C Young said...

yum!!!! I want to join one of those veggie clubs next summer---they do the same thing. Lizzie is so cute in that pic---what a sweetie!

kalie said...

Yes, I also use cabbage in pot-stickers. They are dalish and it's a great way to use it up. I want to be your neighbor so I can get a laundry basket with produce!!!